Saturday 17 September 2011

Prayer


A saint planned of building one Ashram, so he thought of getting some financial help from, the king and went to his palace. At the door the saint was stopped by the soldiers and informed that the king was in the prayer room for pooja and so he has to wait. The saint requested permission to join the prayer..

In the prayer room, he found the king praying aloud, " Oh God! give me more wealth, more beautiful queen, may me be victorious in my battle with the neighbouring kingdom, ....."

Hearing this the saint got up and walked away.. the king on hearing his foot step asked him why he was going as he was supposed to ask him something..

The saint replied, I came to beg for some help for an ashram, but hearing you beg, I thought may be I shall beg directly to god....

Is praying begging ??? then what is praying ??

Love god ... As god is love that is prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment